Summer in the Sun 2017
24th to 30th July
The Mayor of Luton will officially open the beach this Saturday at 12 noon. Action packed day on the beach including:
- Donkey & Victorian Fairground rides from 11:30am
- Heart Angels and face-painting from 11:30am
- Traditional Punch & Judy show - after the official opening and then 12 noon each day.
- Tricky Micky Magic Show at 1pm
- Punch & Judy with the Wicked Witch at 2:30pm
- Funshow with Ronnie Rabbit Puppet at 4pm
- Traditional Punch & Judy Show at 5:15pm
- Steel Pans at 4:25pm and 5:25pm on Saturday & Sunday only
Following the success of last year's event, we are delighted to announce that Summer in the Sun will return for its fifth year this July! A full programme of activities will run over the event in St George's Square including a beach, Victorian fairground rides and games, face painting, donkey rides, a beach party, games and competitions!
Summer in the Sun 2015
Saturday 22nd August - Monday 31st August
Open 12 noon - 7pm Daily
In celebration of Summer in the Sun 2015, easyJet ran an exciting competition to win two flights from London Luton Airport!
View / download the event guide here
SUMMER IN THE SUN 2014
Last year's event ran from Saturday 23rd August to Friday 29th August 2014. The Square was once again transformed into a beach with over 100 tonnes of sand.
The event was part of our Centenary World War 1 remembrance programme and the beach included Punch and Judy, Story-time, Victorian Fairground rides and games and donkey rides - a family fun filled event!
With thanks to our Love Luton partners:
Arriva; A Thin Place; Barnfield College; British Land; easyJet; FCC Environment; Gulfstream; Heart FM; Keepmoat; London Luton Airport; Luton Borough Council; Luton Hoo Hotel, Golf & Spa; Luton on Sunday; The Mall; Signature Flight Support; University of Bedfordshire; Vauxhall Motors; VolkerFitzpatrick and VolkerHighways.